life sometimes happens a little too much

I apologize for the lack of ideas, which have not been proliferating from my mind to my fingers to the keys to your sreen. Life has become crazy here in Waco. Do you ever have those days/weeks where, to begin with, you have too much to do, but then you schedule more things on top of that? I managed to do that this week, and next week I have three midterms and a paper due. AHHH! None the less, I will soon be writing some things with more substance, but not until I have a little down time in my life--perhaps, this weekend. Until then, here are some things that make me think and say, "HUH?" I hope they do the same for you:

-"Theology shapes the text, and the text shapes theology." Paul S. Fiddes
-"Man is nothing else than his plan; he exists only to the extent that he fulfills himself; he is therefore nothing else than the ensemble of his acts, nothing else than his life." Jean-Paul Sartre
-"Tourists.--They climb mountains like animals, stupid and sweating; one has forgotten to tell them that there are beautiful views on the way up." Friedrich Nietzsche

Comments

Singleton said…
I like the last quote the best. But that's only because it's the least technical. I will rub your sholders while you write something this weekend... that won't make you extremely uncomfortable will it? I hope not, because I'm doing it anyway.
Mrs. Carn-Dog said…
What do you think about Sartre? Yeah or Neah.
harris said…
you know i haven't read a whole lot of sartre. in fact, the only thing i have read is "existentialism as humanism." however, i have studied his ideas a bit. i think he has some really good points. especially with his distinction between good faith and bad faith. good faith being our use of our free conscious as what he calls a being-for-itself. in fact, his biggest impact, in my opinion, was his idea that you creat yourself. that is, taking responsibility of your freedom.

i think i like much of his thinking because of its focus on the here and now. as you know, i am a big fan of that. i don't think all of his thinking is compatible with christianity, but like i said, i don't know a great deal about him.
Meg said…
update jerk

Popular Posts