no longer a blog virgin...it feels good

Hello! Welcome to the blog of Harris. I have much apprehension and anxiety about doing this. I blame Dudley for those feelings. He suckered me into this. Not really. I had been thinking about starting one of these crazy things, but just couldn't do it. Until now.

I used to be the guy who would say things like, "Blog's are so stupid." or "If people want to journal thoughts, then journal them, but don't be pretentious and show them to other people." Well, I no longer think such thoughts thanks to great blogs from Craig Nash, Ben Dudley, and Jordan Browning--Jordan, you need to write some stuff. I say that I have anxiety because I don't want to feel like I owe anyone anything by having this. I know that may sound bad, but if I start feeling that way, then I almost become legalistic in posting. No one likes legalism...at least they shouldn't.

Anyway, here is a place where I will share some things that I have written and some things that I hope to write. I see this as being a place, initially, for UBCers to come and read what is on my mind. Beautiful things happen when you start writing. If you don't write often, try it. It really is great. Be looking for some up coming posts, such as:

-a short story on kindness
-why the title: life is happening
-the value of human experience

Looking forward to this. peace

Comments

Craig said…
I'm glad you're blogging, but some of your previous thoughts are still valid. It DOES take quite a bit of ego and pretension to put your thoughts down for the world to see.

But the majority of our individual lives are on display anyway, so they might as well be in print.
Anonymous said…
hooray!
Anonymous said…
You can do no wrong in my eyes Harris Bechtol. Blog on. I will read silently.
greenISgood said…
As to your blog-virginity (or now lack thereof), they say "you never forget the first time". Looking forward to your story on "kindness", I need more of it.

RobertD
Janalee said…
Yaah for you Harris! I loved your story. Are you going to sell out and join facebook next? It's fun. You should.
harris said…
i guess i can't give into facebook because dudley is using my email to be on there. it would take a great deal for me to give into that.

Popular Posts