pray with me

DISCLAIMER: I put this on my blog, not out of hubris or want of recognition, but simply because my blog is a place for me to share things that I write. This summer UBC is having a group called CLP (Creative Liturgy Project), the purpose of which is to write prayers, poems, lyrics, etc. for our UBC community. I got really excited about this group early in the semester and wrote this one morning. I think this prayer encapsulates many of the emotions going on at UBC. peace

Thrown into this…that is what happened.
On a journey that we didn’t necessarily ask for,
But we endure together nonetheless.
Shining down, behind, in front, and on the side
Is a bit of light.
Light enough to see a few steps in front, behind, and on the side.
Not enough to know where we are headed, but
Enough to know we are moving…with You.
The ground may be soft and feel insecure,
But with You above, behind, in front, and on the side,
We know you are there…waiting for us to leap.
Although we are cautious, we of little faith, you do not take offense.
Your love drives out fear; we must allow that to happen.
Thank You for security amidst the insecure, the firm among the soft,
And the light among the darkness. Amen.

peace

Comments

Paola said…
amen.

harry you are great!
Ann said…
very nice harris.

Popular Posts