summer and happiness

I apologize for not writing much on my blog recently. These past few weeks have been crazy with weddings—five to be exact—working at UBC to try and get us back in the building, and being with friends. One aspect that has been prevelent through all of the weddings, working at UBC, and being with friends is happiness. Not the kind of happiness that is fleeting from one moment to the next, but the kind of happiness that grabs you from the inside and works its way out. I do not know where this happiness feeling begins, but I can always feel it welling up inside. It seems to grow and grow, almost taking over my body.

The first weekend in July, I played my guitar and sang in Aaron Johnson's wedding. We have been friends since I was in the third grade. The wedding was over the top. Incredible. After the ceremony we were all eating at the reception, and Aaron and his new wife, Rachael, were dancing their first dance together as a married couple. As I watched them dance, embrace, kiss, embrace, kiss, dance, etc. I began to feel this happiness welling up inside. I looked around and saw how many people came to the wedding to support the marriage of Aaron and Racheal, and the happiness continued to grow. The happiness became so great that I did not think I could handle it. Seriously, I thought that my body would not be able to take it. My eyes welled up with tears, and I almost broke down crying because of happiness.

If you have never experienced such a thing, I hope that all of you can. I recently read The Chronicles of Narnia, and in the last book, The Last Battle, C.S. Lewis eloquently and beautifully describes the type of happiness that I am attempting to describe. If you have not read those books, you should. They are great, and I am not going to goof up trying to descirbe it to you. You should read them.

So, may we all find and hold onto the happiness that moves from the inside out. The kind of happiness that reminds us that heaven, eternal life, and the kingdom of God begin now. Without such moments, life is not as great. peace

Comments

Mrs. Carn-Dog said…
I'll drink to that
Paola said…
i love the happiness you are talking about...
Harry you are fantastic! Miss you

Popular Posts