waco...it was all yellow...

It was Wednesday night, the final night that I would spend in Waco. I sat with seven of the most wonderful people in this world sharing frothy beverages, memories, and laughs. The conversation ranged from excitement for the fall to this:

Dave: (looking sternly into Harris's eyes) Don't leave. You don't have to leave.
Harris: Dave, come biking with me tomorrow morning at 7:30 AM for my last ride in Cameron Park, and I won't leave.

Dave didn't show. Now I am in Amarillo. And so it goes...(don't blame Dave; he is a good guy).

As our conversation was coming to a close, one of the most apporpriate songs began sounding through the speakers or Cricket's Bar and Grill: "Yellow" by Coldplay. So many memories come flooding through my head anytime I hear a song off of the album Parachutes. I purchased that album my freshman year at Baylor, in the fall, on the recommendation from Ben Dudley. Everytime I hear a song on that album, I seriously can smell the cold, rainy air in Waco on the day that I bought it and listened to it in my dorm room. I can remember the awkward feel of my dorm room and its interesting smells. I can remember how much Kyle loved Coldplay, and how much I miss him. All of these memories come flooding back, and I love them all. They will be my strong hold for the rest of my life, especially my first few months in the foreign lands of seminary in Pasadena, California.

I don't know what Chris Martin meant by this song, but "Yellow" reminds me of beauty. Cricket's on Wendesday night was beautiful. Waco for the past four years has been beautful (even if it is hellishly hot eight months out of the year).All of my friends in Waco, you are beautiful and I love you all.

So many good byes were said, hugs given, presents given, parties occurred, and good memories were made that I have never in my life felt so loved by a group of people. As I drove through Hillsboro yesterday, I came to this realization and the tears accumlated around my eyes.

To Waco and all my friends there: I will miss you with all of my being. However, I will see you again when you least expect it. We shall be in touch. It was all yellow...

Look at the stars,
Look how they shine for you,
And everything you do,
Yeah, they were all yellow.

I came along,
I wrote a song for you,
And all the things you do,
And it was called "Yellow."

So then I took my turn,
Oh what a thing to have done,
And it was all "Yellow."

Your skin
Oh yeah, your skin and bones,
Turn into something beautiful,
You know, you know I love you so,
You know I love you so.

I swam across,
I jumped across for you,
Oh what a thing to do.

Cause you were all "Yellow,"
I drew a line,
I drew a line for you,
Oh what a thing to do,
And it was all "Yellow."

Your skin,
Oh yeah your skin and bones,
Turn into something beautiful,

And you know for you,
I'd bleed myself dry for you,
I'd bleed myself dry.

It's true, look how they shine for you,
Look how they shine for you,
Look how they shine for,
Look how they shine for you,
Look how they shine for you,
Look how they shine.

Look at the stars,
Look how they shine for you,
And all the things that you do.
--Coldplay, "Yellow"

Comments

Anonymous said…
god i teared up reading your blog. um, miss you already? yeah. but cali is gonna kick ass bro.
Paola said…
yeah...teared up reading the blog too. Harry you are amazing, and I can't wait til we meet again.
lots of love to you!
greenISgood said…
First of all, "Wow!" that Jordan arose out of BlogPurgatory and actually wrote something....Secondly, my son, you're still here in so many ways. We can't wait to see you again and pro'ly in SoCal Baby! I'm gonna make the trip when I know Tony is in town (which is every six weeks) and we'll all hook up.
PEACE!
Singleton said…
Harry B... say it ain't so. I thought it was all a joke. You better still be there when I get back.
Clarissa said…
Awww I miss you!!!! You should be on your way back to visit us now...yes now!

Popular Posts