random

I apologize for the lack of writing. You see, I am in a weird time in my life. I constantly find myself being meloncholly about leaving Waco and all of you, my friends. I have spent the last few days in Waco. I came down for the game, and I surprised so many people. It was awesome. I wish I could surprise everyone everytime I come into town, but that won't be possible anymore because I won't have a car. I will be leaving it in California.

I go back to Amarillo today. Now, it is time to pack and get ready for the big Pasadena, California. I am really excited about moving and starting school, but I am also scared about what all is going to happen in Pasadena. Nobody can move to an incredible place like California and be the same person when he or she leaves. I am anxious. So much change. So hard to be present with what I am doing. I think it will get better once I am settled in Cali.

You might be wondering what else is going on in my head after that last post. Well, I have been thinking about many things, but have not written about them. I read two good books while I have moved from Waco: The Brother's Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoevsky and God of the Possible by Gregory Boyd. One, a book about pain, suffering, brothers, a disfunctional family, and much more. The other, a book about Open Theism that was recommended by Carney. Some good stuff in all of those pages.

I will write something fun soon.

For all of my peeps in Waco who I saw this weekend and the past few days, I loved seeing all of you. I will carry all of you with me in my heart as I make the long drive to Pasadena. Always thinking of you. peace

Comments

Paola said…
i loved the surprise!!!!

it was awesome seeing you again... Cali better watch out...it will not go unchanged by your arrival!

and..you better send notes every month!

:)
greenISgood said…
Here's a quote from Betsy:

"It feels good having Harris around, doesn't it?"

Oh Yeah!

Peace n' luv - Drive safe!
Meg said…
Good seeing you, glad you got to play soccer and go to Taco Tuesday! You never called me :( I forgive you though. Call me on your way to Pasadena if you are bored! PS my arm is falling off, I got shots for Africa and it hurts like crap.
Craig said…
I hated it that I couldn't have visited with you more. I was sick with the same ailment that inflicted Singleton and could not get out of bed.

Do us all one favor... During your first week in class, every time the professor asks if there are any questions raise your hand and say "My friends in Waco think (whatever) about this subject. What do you think about that, bee-yotch?!"
harris said…
meg, i am sorry for not calling. i went to tye and tate's place and lost track of time. i will definately call you. that sucks about the shots--i remember those days.

craig, hell yes i will say that. especially the bee-yotch part. i too am sad that we didn't get to talk more than on sunday. hope you are well though.
Mrs. Carn-Dog said…
Harry,
stuff will change. It's just about writing different chapters. At some point the book is over. Until then embrace the change.

I'm not the same guy I was when I left MN. I"m probably better now...corrupted by the emergence of UBC.
Singleton said…
One quesetion: Do you want a Lexus, or justice?
harris said…
a dream or some substance?

Popular Posts