relationships...an introduction

Coming back to Pasadena has been difficult. My Christmas break was truly amazing thanks to all of the relationships that I have built in Waco and Amarillo. I could not have asked for more from my break because every waking moment I found myself with the people I love. Whether drinking beer with my UBC folks at Crickets, being with Jen and the kids, hunting with my family, playing bluegrass around a bonfire, or skiing with friends in Angel Fire, I was with the people I love. Leaving this was difficult.

During this summer I had four months away from all of these relationships. Thus, I was able to prepare myself for coming to Pasadena: a place where I knew no one. Coming back from the holidays was a different story. One moment I found myself driving back from Angel Fire, and five hours later I was on a plane to return to the place that I now refer to as home. Pasadena, California. When I set foot on the west coast, I realized, "Damn, I really did just start over completely." Having my beloved friends with whom so much history exists around me for three weeks and then having that stop in matter of twelve hours was rough.

This abrupt end of my holiday made me realize the importance of relationships. I am beginning to build some great relationships with some people here in Pasadena, only one of whom I think reads my blog, and I have to constantly remind myself that depth in a relationship requires time and consistency. I sort of forgot that.

With that said, this is my introduction to a four part post series, doesn't that sound exciting, on some thoughts that have been percolating in my mind for the past three weeks. I do not know when I will get all of the posts done, but I will post them each separately. I have two papers due next week along with about 200-300 pages of reading, so do not expect all of them soon. However, keep checking back because I hope to have them all posted in the next two weeks.

A portent of what is to come...
Relationships and The Image of God
Relationships and The Kingdom of God
Equality or Mutuality/Interdependency?
Contingency, Relationships, and Freedom: Are We As Free As We Think?

Hope you enjoy. peace

Comments

Paola said…
harry...i'm excited about the four part series!!

anthony says hi!
Craig said…
Ditto, can't wait to read!

Popular Posts